Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday Morning WIP Open Thread

Hey folks, what's up? I've got 10k words that need spinning this week to finish out the WebMage cycle: denouement-denouement-denouement! Once it's done and in beta I'm going to take a week or two and do nothing but watch movies and play video games. Then website update. After that I need to dig out the proposal for the next series and fine tune it before it goes to Ace, move Eye of Horus from beta to final, and maybe rewrite the first 3 chapters of Swine Prince so that it can stop moldering in my basement and go looking for a home, which would bring me up to seven series out under submission. After that, who knows? I'm sure there's house stuff that needs doing and I really ought to do something about organizing the paperwork and getting more of my stuff off to Lynne and the archives. How about y'all? What are you working on, or dreaming about working on?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finished a short story and posted it to my critique group. Am working on another. Both of these are sold already, so I hope they're up to muster. :bites nails:

Laura Bradley Rede said...

Kelly, what a schedule! Tonight I am trying to make changes to chapter ten of Nightlife, before some of my writing time gets eaten by the "Better Writing Through Buffy" class that I'm taking at the Loft starting tomorrow night. Also smiling because WotF 24 is finally out in general release this week :)

Sarah said...

Laura, that's wonderful. Finally. I'm finishing the second pass through on Dragon Hostage and about to do in depth rewriting on Ian. I probably won't get much done today though since it'll be all kids' birthday stuff after work.

Kelly McCullough said...

Congrats Laura, that's fantastic.

On the schedule I'll just note that I'm really over-extended at the moment and then I'm going to go collapse in the corner and drool.

Shawn Enderlin said...

Wow - seven series?

(gulp)

I don't think I could do that even if I didn't have to work at the Soul Sucking Den all day!

:-)