Monday, January 15, 2007

Where has the weekend gone?

This is in response to Lyda's reflections on her life as a full-time writer. I work at a mundane job 40 hours a week, as I am pretty sure I have mentioned before. We got Martin Luther King Day off, which meant a three day weekend; and here it is Monday night, and I am wondering what I did during the weekend. Saturday Patrick and I ran errands. Sunday I had a long lunch with a friend, came home and was a bit ill, due (I guess) to malevolent black beans. Today I put my mukluks on and went out to experience the strange phenomenon of snow, then worked on my blog, then went and got my hair cut, then came home and cleaned the bathroom.

So, I got no writing done; and I didn't take a long walk in the snow, which I should have, since snow is so rare these days. All I have to show for the weekend is a clean bathroom and some blog entries and guacamole. I made guacamole this evening. This does not seem like a lot for 72 hours.

I'm not sure how this connects to Lyda's comments. It was on my mind before I checked this blog.

5 comments:

Kelly Swails said...

What's the saying? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions?" I hear ya, sister. I hear ya.

tate hallaway said...

I've had many day's like Eleanors. In fact, Monday was a zero writing day for me, too. Hmmm, in the stars??

Anonymous said...

Hey, I too did no writing on Monday.

Hmmm.

Maybe we should take a poll.

Maybe there was some sort of writing interrupta-ray being broadcast, world-wide, and no one got any writing done on Monday!

Not that I know anything about it.

(Bwa-haugh haugh haugh!)

Kelly McCullough said...

Count me in as well. Monday was supposed to be the grand kick-off of a major writing binge. Instead it was lunch out with Laura, a long walk in the snow, video games, and comfort reading.

Naomi said...

I wrote on Monday but it was out of sheer stubbornness. I was really tired from a day that included pulling a six-year-old, a five-year-old, and a three-year-old around on sleds all at the same time and then shoveling snow. I really didn't want to write, but I'm trying really hard to get back into the habit of writing every day. It was not a day off for me, so that may have helped.