Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quick Hit--Miss Snark's Greatest Hits (vol 1)

So, Miss Snark has retired from blogging and this is a sad thing for writers. Since I discovered her late in her blogging cycle I have decided to go back and read through her archives. As I do so, I thought it might be nice to post links to some of the posts I think are going to be most useful to writers. Sometime I may make comments on the topic as well. Most of the time, I suspect she will have nailed whatever subject it is well enough to make anything I add redundant. So, without further ado: Miss Snark on why a carefully proofread manuscript matters...a lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Kelly Swails said...

I liked the last the last comment, probably because it could have been written by me. As hard as I try, a typo/wrong word/misspelling will always sneak past me. It's maddening.

My shoes were tied when I left the house, honest!

Anonymous said...

As hard as I try, a typo/wrong word/misspelling will always sneak past me.

Which is my biggest downfall, especially since I'm the slightest bit dyslexic. I get some doozy typos that I don't always catch and neither does the spellchecker - and for "my fans", I post the day's best on my writing blog. One that actually made it out to second readers earlier this year, one of them told me should be the "oy vey phrase of the year". "She grabbed his head and pulled him down the hall..." >.<

Kelly Swails said...

heh heh. Which head would that be, heh heh. Nice one! :)

Anonymous said...

the same thing when it was pointed out to me. LOLOL