Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Star Reviews Meme–Kelly McCullough

So, John Scalzi has a challenge going in which authors post their one star reviews from Amazon and it sounded like fun. I've got two for WebMage, one from Amazon and one from Amazon UK, and I actually treasure both of them as a twisted sort of tribute. I've quoted the money paragraph of each–call it the anti-pullquote.

Amazon:

Worst book I've ever read

"It's rare to find really good books, fortunately it's even rarer to find really bad books, so I read it to the end just for the historical significance of it."


Amazon UK:

Author doesnt understand computers

This book is unfortunately one of the worst I've ever picked up. That's not to say it's not well written and full of very good ideas. From the few pages I've read it is full of promise. Unfortunately the author bases the story around a technology that he does not understand.

No comments: