Monday, December 07, 2009

Monday Morning WIP Thread

Today I've got rewrites for the Aqua Vitae proposals on the agenda. I'm hoping to get those done and printed along with the manuscript for the revivified Swine Prince so that I can send a package off to my agent Tuesday or Wednesday. I'd originally hoped to get both to him in early October, but the combination of Laura's sabbatical and the resultant increased travel schedule have meant that non-contract work is not going apace. It's a small price to pay for all the extra time together that sabbatical has bought us, but my inner workaholic is a little tense about the whole thing. I did get the last of the new countertops in, which means I also installed the new sink (see below), and wonder of wonders, it went beautifully with no leaks on the initial pressure test. What about y'all?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

am still shopping midnight to publishers and agents. and tonight i have a signing for harlan county horrrors - the last one until january.

tate hallaway said...

It's funny how our lives seem to mirror each other a bit.... I'm also trying to finish up some proposals to send off to *my* agent, which I feel terribly behind on for no particular reason.

Bill Henry said...

Wrote an eleven hundred word chapter of SAoM tonight. Actually "wrote" most of it in my head while lying awake in the wee hours last night, but I didn't get a chance to bang it out on the keyboard till tonight.

jen@ywt said...

Nicely done, sir! A smithy of more than just wyrds, apparently.

I'm still re-writing through the 10k/wd hole I recently made. Far enough into filling the cavern now to be certain this decision was the right one so YAY.

Kelly McCullough said...

Thanks Jen. Very glad to hear that the most recent book choice was a good one for you. I miss your YWT posts but am really happy that you're pounding away at the novel instead.

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Kelly! When you're ready, I need a sink replaced down here in Warm Country... :-)