Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yarrrr!

Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Really. Oops, yarrrr. Can't go too long without a "yarrrr" or its moral equivalent or I'll lose my pirate's licence.

In celebration Laura and I are going on a sea raid (afternoon canoe) with her parents. Shiver me Timbers!

I'm not sure what this might do to my current novel, so I'm not going for write like a pirate day, though Laura is teaching her physics class, yarrrr, with an eyepatch and has printed up more for her students at the University. Ahoy Matey!

Now I'm off to board and loot the novel. Please, try this at home! I am an expert, having played a pirate for years at the Renaissance Festival, but really anyone can (oops, avast!) manage.

Hey, maybe I'll type like I've got five fingers and a hook!

What are you going to do for your inner pirate today? Yarrrr?

No comments: