Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kelly's Rules for Writers

I'm not a big fan of writing rules, but I have learned a few things in this business that I think are globally useful.

Writers Write

There Are 1,001 Ways To Write A Book, Every One Of Them Right

Love The Work

Finish What You Start...But Don't Let That Be An Anchor Around Your Neck

Send It In

Never Reject Your Own Story


Rejection IS An Achievement

Write The Next Story

Good Writing Is The Ultimate Trump Card

Never Give Up...Really, Never Give Up

Back Up Your Work!

Money Flows To The writer (Yog's law)


And I think that covers an awful lot of the ground. You'll note that not quite everything is attached to link. I don't know about you, but that suggests to me that I have a couple of things there that I still need to post about.

Updated: title.

No comments: