Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Almost Finished

MythOS is very close to done. I've got something like two-and-a-half chapters left. I just figured out the last couple of twisty bits and the main thematic overlay, all of which is why I haven't been writing much here lately. And likewise why I'll continue to be a light poster through the end of February and quite possibly into March as I'll have at least two book proposals to write when I've finished MythOS, SpellCrash and Mirror Duel. Then I need to get started on The Eye of Horus, but I might take a week or two off in there somewhere, and I should return to a normal blogging schedule either after or in parallel with the proposals.

What's everybody else working on?

6 comments:

Douglas Hulick said...

Hawthorn Queen. Slogging. I am hoping to be able to pick up the pace. For some reason, it is just dragging out of me. Which also explains why I have not been posting anything anywhere.

Anonymous said...

My current work is in the drawer, waiting for the next rewrite. I started my new one Tuesday, and am cruising along, exceeding my 2500 word/day goal. The gears are slowing shifting to new characters and new settings and new goals...can you hear the screeching? Congrats, Kelly - I continue to be inspired by your achievements!

lydamorehouse said...

Dead if I Do (as Tate) and Resurrection Code (as myself). I'm probably half way done with Tate's project and only four pages into my own.

Anonymous said...

I'm working on Twilight, prequel to Midnight and something I said I would never write. But one morning a particular character started stalking me and wouldn't leave me alone. I'm sure you know how it is...LOL

Stephanie Zvan said...

I'm still plotting out the next book, although I'm to the point where I know what I want to do where. Now I'm fiddling with which events and interactions will do that most efficiently (i.e., allowing me to do the most in the least amount of space). I'm looking for a more active opening too.

In the meantime, I'm working on some older stories to bring them up to my current level of prose. You know, the point where you say, "Huh. I kinda sucked then. At least I can tell now. That means I suck less, right?"

Kelly Swails said...

Through the Portal, my YA urban fantasy. I need to work on a short story for another pirate anthology, too. And I'd like to submit a short for the CatCurious press project that Jim Hines is involved with. So, lots. The book is finally starting to rock and roll a bit.