Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Me, Blogging Elsewhere

At SFNovelists about the pace of publishing and being expected to coherently answer questions asked about something written 9 years and 8 books ago. I'm not sure if I make a lick of sense since I'd forgotten I was supposed to post and ended up going from idea directly to post without the usual intervening steps of thinking and multiple drafts. If you want to see what my unfiltered brain looks like, go have a look. Then come back and let me know if I made any sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make sense in it. But since you had us looking for it, I can see why you structure your posts purposefully, too. This mostly went for a while and then ran out of steam and stopped.

Kelly Swails said...

I've often wondered about that. If I ever had the good fortune to meet Stephen King, I'd blather on about The Stand. Dude wrote the book over twenty years ago, and I'd want him to have an intelligent conversation about it with me.

I had a brief glimpse of this at WisCon. Someone asked me what I was working on, and I blathered on about the WIP. They then asked if it was my first book, and I said, "Why no. I have another out with agents about ... um ... magic and stuff. Oh, yeah, a Powerful boy that has the magical mob after him. That's it." And I only wrote that last year!