Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two Things of Note

First, I'm going to be starting a "so how do you get into this writing thing, anyway," series over my Tate blog. I may cross-post here from time to time, but the first one is up and it's called: "Getting Started the Tate Hallaway Way." I suspect many of those who are faithful readers of our blog here are well beyond what I'm going to chat about with this series, but it seemed apropos, so what the hey.

Second, while at a reading at the Eye of Horus on Saturday night, a woman in the audience handed me a copy of HER book. Turns out, she was Corrine Kenner the author of Tarot for Writers, which looks like a fun book for anyone interested in tarot who'd like to, as the back copy suggests, "kick start their writing." Mock if you wish, but, as far as I'm concerned, anything that helps the creative process is a good and wonderful thing. And the tarot, with its symbolic images, is an awesome tool to consider. The book is full of writing exercises and ideas, and I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lyda, I am sorry to say I haven't touched your Tate Hallaway books since the first one, but i am not into the Romance/Vampire chick lit thing. But despite the romantic stuff in Archangel Protocol, it rocks. I just re-read it the other day, and let me tell you, it still rocks. I lent it to my niece, who *is* into the R/Vcl stuff and she loved it. Now I have to lend her the other 3 books in the series. Looking forward to Mouse's book.