Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Morning WIP

Mason's big plans for us today includes a trip to HalfPrice Books to look for "Loony Tunes" DVDs and then some kind of adventure/outdoor hiking. My job during summer vacation (which, for us, is thankfully only the month of August,) is to wear out my six year old during the day, so that I can get some writing done in the evening.

Currently, I'm working on Tate's young adult vampire novel ALMOST TO DIE FOR, which, according to Penguin USA will be out in August 2010. I recently approved back cover copy for it, which goes like this:

On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija Parker’s present winds up being the shock of a lifetime. When her mom referred to her absentee dad as a deadbeat it was actually half true—he’s a vampire. And a king, no less. A king who wants his daughter to assume her rightful position at his side. But, thanks to Ana’s mother, the blood of a witch also runs through her veins…

Too bad vampires and witches are mortal enemies.

With her parents gearing up for an all out brawl over her destiny, Ana’s about ready to scream. But things get even crazier when a male witch and a brooding bad boy vampire start vying for her affection. Then the barely leashed tension between the vampires and the witches starts to boil over, and Ana has to figure out once and for all if she wants to become heir to her dad’s throne. And deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school.


I've also rebooted my much-behind-schedule Archangel Protocol prequel, RESURRECTION CODE for the umpteenth time. I'm hoping to get that to the publisher by Christmas.

Off to adventure!

1 comment:

lydamorehouse said...

Hey, that's sounds like a cool book, Tate/Lyda, if I do say so myself!