Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Checking In...

Since I notice we've all been a bit absent from the blog, I thought I'd just write a quick note to prove that we're still here, still plugging away...

For myself, I caught some nasty cough-thing that's totally wrecked my sleep cycle. Yet, I managed to finish off two proposals for new series ideas and send them off to my agent. I only hope they're as good as my cough-medicine addled mind THINKS they are. And now I'm that strangely happy place where I'm inordinately proud of my own cleverness and yet anxiously waiting to hear from my agent (who will undoubtedly tell me how pedestrian they are.)

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I never feel like a master at any of this, no matter how long I've been doing it. Every time I sit down to write a synopsis for a book proposal I bring out my "How to write a syonpsis" book and re-read the important chapters like a complete newbie. (And strangely, I often still have an "aha!" moment when I realize I forgot some critical bit in my first draft.) This time I realized I need to actually show the romance developing as part of the story... duh!

That's about all I got right now though. I have to run volunteer to stuff folders at my son's school. See ya!

No comments: