Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Book Cover Design - A Quick Look

Having sold a book*, people are of course already asking me about cover art. Do I know what it will be? Have I seen it? Do I know when it will be done?

Let me answer these questions in order: No. No. And...no.

And, in anticipation of the next question, no, I don't know if I will have any input on it. Let's just say that, having spoken to other authors, I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

However, if you are interested in what goes into a book cover's design, Lauren Panepinto over at Orbit was good enough to make this high-speed video about the design of Gail Carriger's book "Blameless." It's a cool little video. (Link taken from SF Signal)



* = I have a title and tentative release date, btw (which I believe I neglected to post here): AMONG THIEVES is due out from ROC (Penguin), April of 2011.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Which means a publication party at Wiscon 2011...