Monday, June 28, 2010

Doug's CONvergence Schedule

I'm going to be doing all of one panel this year at CONvergence:

Practical Rapier for Writers, Friday, 9:30 - 10:30 AM (Doug Hulick, Jamie Feldman)

It's going to be hands-on workshop, with combat demonstrations, explanations about the philosophy of swordplay, and some (very) basic lessons on the use of a rapier, all with the intent of helping the writer better understand and convey what it's like to be in (or watch) a sword fight.

Class size is going to be limited depending on space.

I will be MIA a good part of the rest of Friday afternoon due to family concerns, but may return in the evening. I expect to be around much of Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet, it being the 4th and my eldest son having extracted a promise from me to make ribs....

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

I ought to go to 'practical rapier,' but I'm not sure I will be able to.

Douglas Hulick said...

I think you and I can always arrange a time to work through that kind of thing, Eleanor. It's not like we never see each other. :)