Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Broken Blade Launch Day!

I wrote a new book. Okay, I wrote it a year ago, and I've written two more since, but today is the day it gets shoved out of the nest and has to fly on its own. It's called Broken Blade, and its got assassins and sorcerers and swordfights and something very like zombies and all manner of cool stuff. It's also got two sequels already written. One, Bared Blade, is available for preorder at this very moment, and the other, Crossed Blades, goes off to my editor sometime in the next 72 hours. Look at the cover, isn't it shiny?

Photobucket

I really don't have a lot more to say about the book at this point in time. Once it's printed and bound and all of those things, a book more or less has to speak for itself and I'm going to let it, though you can hear me talking about a variety of things with Anton Strout at his latest Once and Future podcast, recorded on Sunday.

The commercial stuff: You can order Broken Blade directly from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Indiebound (various independents) should you be so inclined, and preordering Bared Blade at places like Barnes and Noble or Amazon is as easy as clicking.

If you're viewing this on November 29th, and you happen to be in the Minneapolis/St Paul area, I'll be reading bits of the book at the Har Mar Barnes and Noble tonight at 7:00, as well as making a few other appearances later in the week.

Broken Blade, meet world. World, meet book.

6 comments:

Eleanor said...

Cool cover. Congratulations at finishing this project.

Jim C. Hines said...

Happy book day! It's already on my wish list :-)

Kelly McCullough said...

Thanks, Eleanor, Jim, it's really nice to see out going out into the world.

Douglas Hulick said...

I still love that cover; and now I have a copy of my very own. Woo-hoo! :)

Kelly McCullough said...

Thanks Doug, glad you could make it last night.

lydamorehouse said...

Whoot!