Friday, November 11, 2011

Writing Group

A very nice meeting of the Wyrdsmiths last night. There were only four of us. Doug was writing against a Monday deadline. Kelly was madly revising. Adam was in Las Vegas. Bill was in the east.

I was in a miserable mood, because my partner Patrick has just lost his part-time job, which was all the money he had coming in. And the day was gray and bleak.

But the other three -- Naomi, Sean and Lyda -- liked my story. That, plus simply chatting with them, moved my mood into happiness.

Sartre said hell is other people. I would say happiness is other people -- and nature -- and the stars.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Because I always try to be precise, I must add that happiness is not ALL other people. But the people who make me crazy are not in the Wyrdsmiths. Mostly, right now, they are in Washington.