Monday, March 19, 2012

Five Writing Things For Kelly*

I'm pretty sure these are all official enough to announce at this point. There's more writing news hovering on the edge of announceable, since I have lots of writing balls in the air at the moment, but this is what looks solid and not seekrit enough to go out into the world as of this morning.

1) Broken Blade came in as first runner up for the Locus paperback best seller list for March, which is the closest I've ever gotten and very exciting. It's mentioned down in the 2nd paragraph below the actual lists If only it went to eleven…

2) There will be at least one more book in the Fallen Blade series, bringing it to four. It's currently titled Blade Reforged, and should be out summer 2013, around six months after Crossed Blades hits shelves in Nov/Dec 2012. Woohoo!

3) I just made my first foreign rights sale. The first three books in the Fallen Blade series will be coming out in German. I am VERY excited about this.

4) Bared Blade galleys arrived this week. It's starting to look like a book.

5) Finally, a while back I got the cover art for the second book in the Fallen Blade series, and I LOVE it. John Jude Palencar again, and amazing work. I'm putting it down here at the bottom so you can see it large, because it is gorgeous.



*cross posted from http://kellymccullough.com/

3 comments:

Jonna said...

Great news, and an AWESOME cover!

Eleanor said...

Excellent news!

Sean M. Murphy said...

I agree, excellent cover. It fits quite nicely in with the first while being substantially different. Again, great Triss.