Thursday, November 01, 2012

Plans

I mentioned that I have a couple of contracts. One is for the sequel to Ring of Swords. I have been stalling on the final revision for years now. However, I have made a commitment to the Wyrdsmiths that I will bring in 30 pages of the revision to every meeting till the novel is finished. That means it will be done and mostly out of my life by next Wiscon.

I also have a contract for a novelette to be included in a theme anthology. I have something like 3,750 words written, a rough plot and a lot of world building done. My plan is to make it a National Novel Writing Month project, and finish it in November, while continuing to put the novel through my workshop.

This means I need to write something like 2,100 words a week starting today. This should not be difficult. It will give my life structure. I find life without a job kind of fuzzy.


No comments: