Sunday, July 08, 2007

Miss Snark's Greatest Hits (vol 12)

This one will be a little bit dense for reasons that will become obvious.

First, in this section of the snarkives we find several portions relevant to the subject of synopses, something I've talked about before in my pitching/synopses suck series of post here, here and here. Miss Snark thinks they suck too. What does she want in terms of synopsis length? Synopsis vs. outline.

She also made suggestions for what to send when you can't find the submission guidelines for a given agent.

What to do when one agent makes an offer of representation while you still have partials or fulls in with other agents.

And why you need an agent even for small deals if at all possible.

What to do at a pitch--hint it's not about pitching.

Finally, because I want to be able to find this later: on putting together and pitching anthologies.

3 comments:

Kelly Swails said...

I love it when you're chasing butterflies and soaking up the sun. Long live the snarkives!

Kelly McCullough said...

Glad you're enjoying it. And, yeah, for me chasing butterflies and soaking up sun often means finding some sort of source material, digging into it, and creating some sort of index for future use. It makes my inner academic happy.

The snarkives are a fabulous resource and when I finish reading through them, I'll create a post here with all of my back posts sorted by topic so I can refer interested readers to one post with everything organized.

Kelly Swails said...

You do have an inner academic.